social media thesis statement
However, this trend is not seen as a positive change only; while people have become closer and erased the geographical boundaries in communication, this has not in any way made communication heartier or simpler. With so many opportunities for socializing, people are as lonely as never before, and even having hundreds of friends online does not guarantee you sincerity and closeness of relationships. Given such a contradictory nature of social media, there is so much interest in researching this topic, so you can receive an assignment on social media writing at any moment.
- There is a special type of communication ethics in social media – Netiquette; every user of social media should follow it for socialization to be ethical and follow norms of the code.
- Micro-blogging is a byproduct of social media development that is also gaining force and popularity among users.
- Spending much time in social media may cause elevated levels of physical isolation of people and a lack of face-to-face communication.
- Not everything published online is true; the difference between what a person tries to seem in the social media posts and what he/she is in reality is sometimes huge.
- Social media is ever more embraced by marketers and advertisers, thus losing their original sense of fostering human communication.
- Doing business via social networks is easier than establishing a real-life, physical business entity.
- SMM has outlived itself and people are tired of seeing commercial posts in abundance in their social networks.
- Twitter is gradually losing popularity as a form of social networks, so it requires some rebranding or repurposing to revive.
- Social media conversations are a powerful, rich source of information for brand, product, and service analysts.
- It is recommended to use social media with discretion for those wishing to find a reputable job; recruiters are increasingly prone to monitor online activities of job candidates.
- Children are getting tech-savvy at an earlier age nowadays, so they should be provided with education on how to protect themselves from cyber-bullying and fraud online.
- Social media use makes it easy to disguise one’s personality, so pedophiles and criminals may look for their victims online. It is thus needed to ensure better identity confirmation mechanisms online.
- Social networks have become an excellent tool for collecting free customer feedback; it is enough to make a controversial post and urge comments from users.
- The social web is a powerful resource for the company’s reputation building, so each business entity should keep track of comments online about its products and services.
- Social media may be a vital resource for finding a mate; due to sophisticated search and criteria selection opportunities, numerous users of Facebook, Google+, etc. are finding their ideal partners.
Also, tutors can provide off-hours support and solve questions that students have even after class hours. This practice helps teachers monitor the progress of their students more closely.
Ideally, organizations use multiple social media platforms in a comprehensive marketing strategy. For example, a business selling weight loss tea can have hire social media influencers to promote a slimming tea to their followers through a sexy fitness picture. Then the company can make a Facebook page and promote a community globally. They can also make a Twitter profile to not only entertain potential new customers, but also handle potential complaints they may have.
Social Media: Changing the Way People Communicate
3. Access important educational information and data.
2. Research indicates that those addicted to social media tend to become abnormal tolerant to and are dependent on things that result from using social media. This include people wanting to access Facebook or Twitter accounts before going to sleep or immediately after waking up.
Developing a concept
At first, it seemed like a whole new strange world that some people decided to explore.